You have been invited to participate in the Grace Restores Overcoming Women (GROW) program. You can participate in the program for a minimum of 6 months and a maximum of 2 years. Women that enter this Program are self-sustainable and are required to take care of one’s self and not expect another to take care of them. These homes are not a prison facility and no one is on lock down but everyone is expected to adhere to these Policies to the fullest.
Note: “Staff” is defined as anyone who is facilitating any part of training, counseling, or helping with the program in any way, including but not limited to, class/group leaders, counselors, budget coaches, Bible study staff, volunteers, etc. If there are any questions please bring them to the attention of the Directors as soon as possible. Decisions of the Directors are final.
- Full participation in all agreed-upon programs and training is expected. Appropriate notification of such appointments/training will be provided. Please be at the appropriate location and ready to begin at the scheduled time. If unable to attend due to an emergency, please contact the person with whom the appointment is scheduled and the Director immediately.
- Regular attendance and participation in all events/classes is essential to the success of every participant in the program. Any absences must be reported to the Director.
- Maintain a positive and friendly attitude toward others at all times, even in adversity. An atmosphere of tension or hostile environment towards others in the home will not be tolerated. Everyone is expected and will keep peace with each other; NO bickering or DRAMA will be tolerated. Those or the culprit causing the disruptions within the home will be removed. NO Retaliation against an individual who brings house concerns to the Lead and/or Director will be tolerated. Everyone is an adult and should act as such.
- Dress should be appropriate to the occasion, modest, and always in good taste.
- Every program participant is expected to respect others at all times. We understand that disagreements are inevitable, but inappropriate behaviors, as determined by the Director, can be grounds for immediate discharge from the program.
- Possession of or use of illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia, pornography, and/or weapons are not permitted on the property or by a participant. Abuse of legal drugs is also prohibited. If one is found in possession or involved in such activity; this can be grounds for immediate dismissal from the Program. Disciplinary Actions are determined at the Directors discretion.
- No alternative or cult-related paraphernalia, images, clothing, artifacts, behavior or practices are permitted by any participant, on or off the property.
- No participant will commit or permit any act, which obstructs or interferes with the rights of other participants.
- NO males are allowed in the houses.
SPIRITUAL PARTICIPATION AND DEVELOPMENT
The GROW program is a Christian ministry with the vision of helping women leaving incarceration to find their way to independent living. Church attendance, Bible Study, and Christian living are all part of the program.
- Weekly Church service attendance at an approved Christian church is expected by each participant.
- A Director approved Spiritual Mentor, attends church on a regular basis, offers prayer support, discipline, and who reports regularly to the Director.
- Weekly Bible study attendance and participation is expected of each participant at the residence. Due to Covid and other strains, Bible Study has been discontinued in the houses.
- Other Christian study and volunteer participation such as Women’s Ministries activities, church activities and/or other volunteer areas of service based on abilities and or needs of each participant is highly encouraged.
PROGRAMMING FOR INDIVIDUAL NEEDS
- The participant and Director together will formulate plans and goals for each participant, using their individual needs as a guide. Upon entering the Program; you were given an Entrance Interview Form that asked you to list the GOALS you would like for GROW to help you with; Behavioral; Health; Financial; Spiritual.
- Participants must meet periodically with the Director or Assistant Manager to review goal accomplishment, and to establish new goals, as appropriate.
- Each participant is encouraged to express concerns for each other, not to get anyone in trouble, but to do so with an attitude of love and concern as well as safety and well being of others in the Program.
A primary goal of the GROW program is to increase savings and eliminate debt. The following guidelines are intended to help all participants accomplish that goal.
- The participant will meet with a budget coach after being accepted into the program to establish a budget and/or financial plan. The participant will meet with the budget coach to review and assess individual financial situations and to begin to form a budget, based on current circumstances.
- The participant will abide by the financial plan developed by them and the budget coach. The budget will be reviewed periodically by the coach and the participant.
- Verification of employment and income will be reviewed with the Budget Coach. This includes verification of cash spent, checking account/savings information and other financial matters.
- Participants will not loan or borrow money or food stamps while in the program.
GROW has been blessed with organizations to come alongside volunteer Budget Coaches, Spiritual Advisors, Therapists, Counselors, Mentors and Support. These Specialists are volunteering their valuable time and may only serve an unspecified time frame. We truly value the time they allow our Program and do not take their support for granted.
The residential living quarters and furnishings are being provided at no cost to participants. Participants are responsible for a Program Fee of $400 no later than the 15th of the next month. Payments should be made online via the GROW Website - www.growgracerestores.org. Participants have the option to pay in full, in weekly increments or in line with their pay-period. The building facilities must be maintained on a monthly, as needed and annual basis. Participants are guests, and are being allowed to stay in the housing unit at the sole discretion of the program. Therefore, strict compliance with housing requirements must be maintained:
- No pets are allowed on the property.
- Smoking is not permitted in the home. If this rule is violated, it will be the responsibility of the participant to rid the house of any odors and pay for re-painting, carpet cleaning or other damages as deemed necessary by the Board.
- Participants will keep the interior of the home in a clean and sanitary condition. This includes, but is not limited to, a clean kitchen, vacuumed carpets, swept floors, clean bathrooms and removed trash. The Directors will do regular unscheduled inspections. If there are concerns noted, the participants will be responsible for addressing and correcting any problems.
- Participants must notify Board members if repairs or maintenance is required.
- Quiet time is suggested between 10:00 pm and 8:00 am daily.
- Curfew Time is 10:00-10:30 Sunday - Thursday. Friday - Saturday hours curfew time is midnight. If for any reason you are to surpass these times; please contact your house lead or Director to make aware of why you are past Curfew. Upon Entry into the Program, no overnight stays for the first 30 days. Overnight stays will need to be approved by each individual's PO. Failure to comply with Curfew will lead to reduction of curfew hours by 1 hour. If repeat failure to comply; you will be asked to leave the Program.
- Holiday Weekends Hours each participant will be allowed to spend time with family or friends that are safe environments. UA’s will be administered upon return. If an individual is planning to go out of town, she must receive approval from her PO and obtain the necessary Travel Permit. There is no Curfew time the day before the Holiday and must return by Sunday at 10:30.
You are adults and we do our best to treat you as such and expect you to act as such.
- The exterior of the house will be kept clear of trash and debris at all times. Maintaining lawn, garden plot, and flowerbeds includes regular watering and pulling weeds. No yard signs or banners are permitted.
- No alteration of any kinds, including any painting, may be made to the interior or exterior of the home.
- Trash Cans are to be put outside according to your respected City Trash/Recycle Collection time. Trash receptacles must be placed back beside the garage or storage allocated area until the next pick and not left outside on the curb overnight to avoid any fines.
- The program provides all furnishings in the home and each participant is financially responsible for any and all damage to furnishings.
- Participants are not permitted to copy the keys and any replacements will require a need to change locks and will result in the cost being charged to the participants. All keys must be returned prior to exiting the program.
LIFE SKILLS TRAINING AND OTHER PROGRAMS
Participants must be employed or actively seeking employment, using the following guidelines:
- Develop an appropriate resume.
- Actively seek employment
- Provide accountability for such efforts as directed by the Director – i.e.: a job search log.
- Work with appropriate resources provided through the program.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Participants must abstain from use of alcohol, illegal drugs, or abuse prescription drugs or any other chemical or substance abuse while in the program.
- Participants are expected to follow good personal hygiene and maintain a clean and neat appearance.
- Participants must keep the home clean and sanitary.
- Participants must keep all medication in a locked box in their room.
- Participants are required to apply for insurance and/or medical assistance if they do not have insurance through work.
- Participants are responsible for addressing their own health concerns and issues for themselves with their own health clinics or their own health care provider. GROW will work with those needing assistance to locate health care organizations that will help get them on track with health needs.